Mānuka oil - A secret weapon
At Happy Valley, we sustainably prune branches from the Mānuka trees to ensure that the trees aren’t harmed upon harvest of the Mānuka oil. We produce both a pure Mānuka oil and a Mānuka oil with Almond oil, for added moisturising properties.
Sensitive Skin and Acne Prone Skin –
- The antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties in the oil can assist in combating skin irritations and infections.
- Can promote the regeneration of new skin, which is particularly good for skin conditions such as eczema.
- Mix with your own body wash and moisturiser for full body relief; or use on its own as a spot treatment for specific areas.
- Use in homemade face masks to balance skin bacteria and pH levels, helping with acne. It will also hydrate and moisturise your skin.
Mosquito and Insect Bites –
- The anti-inflammatory property of the oil can help decrease swelling from insect bites.
- Can assist with soothing itches and irritations from bites.
Scalp Health and Head Lice –
- Mānuka oil is great for nourishing your scalp to promote healthy skin.
- Can eliminate head lice and their eggs. Mix with your favourite shampoo, drop some onto your hairbrush, or mix in with cooled boiled water and add to a spray bottle to help repel head lice.
- The antibacterial properties help remedy dandruff.
Home Cleaning –
- Mānuka oil is great as an organic, natural household cleaning product. Not only does it fight bacteria in the home, but it also combats bad odours.
- Combine with warm water and vinegar to clean your hairbrushes and makeup brushes.
- Mix a couple spoonfuls of oil with vinegar to clean scum and grime off your shower.
- Use with baking soda, vinegar and hot water to clean your sink.
- Mix with water and dish soap for a natural, non-toxic toilet gel.
- See “Clean your home with Mānuka oil” for more detailed explanations!