Asian Pork Pita Pockets
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rewarewa honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp maggi garlic stock powder
- 1 pkt maggi french onion soup mix
- 400 g pork steaks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 4 medium sized pita breads
- Combine ginger, soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, sesame seeds, maggi garlic stock powder and maggi french onion soup mix in a bowl.
- Add sliced pork steak.
- Mix, cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add pork and cook over a high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Combine bean sprouts and carrot, toss with dressing.
- Warm pita pockets, cut open and stuff with pork and salad.
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
10 minutes plus 2-4 hours marinating time
Used in this recipe:
Happy Valley’s Rewarewa Honey has a beautiful deep amber appearance and rich, full bodied malt-like taste and aroma. The flavour is rich, robust and malty with a hint of bitterness in the after taste. Rewarewa honey is produced from New Zealand's ... Find out more