Baked Honey and Peach Cheesecake
- 6 small ripe but firm peaches, peeled and sliced
- 5 tablespoons pohutukawa or Tawari honey
- 190g caster sugar
- 300g flour, plus 2 tablespoons
- 180g cold butter, cubed, plus extra for greasing
- 3-4 tablespoons iced water
- 600g cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 150ml sour cream
- 200g clevedon valley buffalo company vanilla bean yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Combine two tablespoons of the honey with one tablespoon of water to loosen it.
- Place the peach slices in a baking dish, pour over the honey and toss to coat.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Put the 300g flour and 90g of the caster sugar in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and pulse to combine.
- Scatter the cold cubes of butter evenly over the flour.
- Pulse until barely combined then add 3 tablespoons of the iced water and pulse again.
- Tip the mixture on to a lightly floured surface and gently knead together until smooth adding the remaining tablespoon of water if needed.
- Grease a 22cm loose-bottom cake tin.
- Press the dough firmly into the base and sides of the tin to line up to 2cm below the rim of the tin.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth then add the 2 tablespoons of flour, the remaining 100g caster sugar and 3 tablespoons honey, eggs and sour cream.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 45-50 minutes then spread the yoghurt over the top and bake a further 5 minutes.
- Cool in the tin.
- When cool, run a knife around the sides to loosen and remove from the tin.
- Top with the peaches and pour any juice over.
- Serve with extra yoghurt if liked.