Barbecue Tomato Salad
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 2 tsp capers, chopped
- 6 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat barbecue grill or flat plate on high until hot.
- Cut tomatoes into quarters lengthways.
- Barbecue skin-side down for 4-5 minutes, or until charred and warmed through.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine capers, basil, oil, vinegar, garlic and honey in a bowl, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over tomato, toss gently to coat.
Used in this recipe:
Native Manuka is blended with field and native NZ honey to create a rich and mild honey, and still has the strong rich flavour of Manuka that lingers on the taste buds.Happy Valley’s Manuka Honey Blend - is a delicious blend of New Zealand Manuka ... Find out more