Beetroot Thyme & Goats Cheese Tart
- Beetroot tarts
- 4 medium sized beetroot
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 100g soft goat’s cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely chopped thyme
- 2 teaspoons runny clover honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pear and rocket salad
- 4 handfuls baby rocket
- 1 firm ripe pear, sliced
- Balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°c. Top and tail each beetroot.
- Wrap each whole beetroot in tinfoil to form individual parcels.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through (when a skewer goes right through without any resistance).
- Allow beetroot to cool, then rub off their skins and slice into rounds.
- Roll out pastry sheets by approximately 2.5cm on one side.
- Use a small (roughly 14cm) diameter plate to cut out two circles from each sheet of pastry.
- Alternatively, for rectangular shaped tarts, simply cut each pastry sheet in half.
- Place pieces of pastry on a baking tray.
- Arrange slices of beetroot around the edge of the pastry, slightly overlapping, and one slice in the middle.
- Mix thyme, honey and olive oil together and brush over beetroot. Top with chunks of goats cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden.
- Just before serving, toss rocket with pear slices and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
- Top each tart with some rocket and pear salad and serve.
- Lovely with a glass of chilled sauvignon blanc
Used in this recipe:
Clover honey has a very pleasing mild taste with a sweet floral flavour. This honey is packed full of natural goodness.Happy Valley’s Clover Honey is deliciously creamy with a chewy 'fudge-like' consistency and delicate vanilla bean, coconut, pine... Find out more