- 600g orange kumara, cut into 1 inch chunks (leave the skin on)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon runny rewarewa honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup dried couscous
- ½ cup boiling water
- Knob of butter
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- ¾ cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- 1 x 70g packet pine nuts, toasted
- ¾ cup chopped dried cranberries or cherries, chopped
- Handful parsley, finely chopped
- Good handful mint leaves, torn
- Preheat oven to 180degc.
- Lay kumara chunks on an oven tray (lined with baking paper) and toss with olive oil and honey/maple syrup, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 40 minutes until kumara is slightly caramelised.
- Boil water in a small pot, add couscous, butter and a pinch of salt.
- Turn off heat, stir together, cover and leave to stand for 5-10min.
- Fluff up couscous with a fork, and toss with the orange zest, nuts, cranberries or cherries, parsley, mint and roast kumara.
Used in this recipe:
Happy Valley’s Rewarewa Honey has a beautiful deep amber appearance and rich, full bodied malt-like taste and aroma. The flavour is rich, robust and malty with a hint of bitterness in the after taste. Rewarewa honey is produced from New Zealand's ... Find out more