Coconut, Banana and Raspberry Bread
This recipe is refined sugar free/ gluten free/ dairy free and paleo friendly.
*If you don't have a small loaf tin or have a hungry family you can easily double this recipe and add 10mins cooking time
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2-3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup Mānuka Blend Honey
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (frozen work as well)
- ** If you like you can add walnuts into your recipe 1/2 a cup coarsely chopped walnuts - It gives the bread a bit of crunch and nutty flavour which works well with the raspberries and banana
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (fan forced if possible)
- In a separate bowl, mix together all of your wet ingredients.
- Slowly add your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and blend together with a hand mixer. Mix until everything has come together.
- Fold in your raspberries (and walnuts if you are adding them) with a silicone spatula. Be careful not to over mix and break your berries.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Pour your batter into the loaf pan and distribute evenly.
- Sprinkle your combined coconut sugar and cinnamon topping over the top of your bread. You can skip this step, but it gives the loaf a nice crust on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out cleanly when inserted into the center of your loaf.
- Using the parchment paper as a sling, remove your loaf from the hot pan and allow it to cool on the parchment paper.
- Once your loaf has cooled off significantly, slice it and enjoy!
Used in this recipe:
Native Mānuka is blended with field and native NZ honey to create a rich and mild honey, and still has the strong rich flavour of Mānuka that lingers on the taste buds.Happy Valley’s Mānuka Honey Blend - is a delicious blend of New Zealand Mānuka ... Find out more