Coconut Cashew Chia Cream
- 1c raw cashews (soaked 2 hrs or overnight)
- 1 400ml can coconut cream* - kept in fridge
- 2 Tbsp white chia seeds
- 2 inches vanilla bean OR 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp Happy Valley honey (Any flavour that you have in your cupboard or that suits your taste buds)
- pinch organic sea salt
- 1/2c water
- 1 tspn Bee Pollen Granules
*You can also use a can of coconut milk, just omit the water. Coconut milks and creams vary in thickness and cream content, but you can always add more water in the morning if your mixture ends up too thick.
c = 250ml cup, tbsp = 15ml tablespoon, tsp = 5ml teaspoon
- Drain your cashews and rinse.
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend for 1-2 minutes until completely creamy, scraping down the sides mid way to ensure all the chia seeds are ground up.
- Start with 1 tablespoon of sweetener (or 1 date), taste, then add another 1 or 2 depending on how you like it.
- Pour into a glass jar and place in the fridge overnight - by the morning it will be nice and thick.
- If you want a thinner consistency, stir through another 1/4-1/2c of water in the morning.
Will keep for around 4 days in the fridge - if it lasts that long.
Enjoy dolloped on fresh fruit salad, stewed fruit, fruit crumble, muesli, porridge/oats,topped with a sprinkling of Bee Pollen Granules for energy and vitality or served alongside your favourite orange, carrot or chocolate cake for added moisture.
Used in this recipe:
Native Mānuka is blended with field and native NZ honey to create a rich and mild honey, and still has the strong rich flavour of Mānuka that lingers on the taste buds.Happy Valley’s Mānuka Honey Blend - is a delicious blend of New Zealand Mānuka ... Find out more