Comb Honey, Apple and Cinnamon Muffins
This is a little known trick for the use of comb honey.
The beeswax in this recipe replaces the utter or other fats normally used in making muffins. The beeswax provides the flour carrying characteristics of the fats but as we do not have the appropriate enzymes to digest beeswax, it does not provide any calorific input!
- 200gms Happy Valley Field Comb Honey
- 160gms flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 apple finely chopped
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place the comb honey and eggs in a food processor, blend together until smooth.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Sieve the flour, cinnamon and baking powder and add to the mixture.
- Combine lightly with a wooden spoon (important: do not beat or mix vigorously)
- Add the chopped apple and mix lightly to combine.
- Place mixture into well greased muffin tins (1/2 fill).
- Bake for 20 minutes at 185 degrees