Gorgeous Ginger Honey Syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Rind of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup Happy Valley Rewarewa honey
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- Grate 1 tbsp freshly peeled ginger
- Add water in small saucepan, add grated lemon rind and slowly bring to a boil.
- Cook until syrupy then push through a fine sieve to remove the pulp.
- Syrup should measure 1/4 cup or so. If not reduce a little more returning to the heat.
- Cool and add Happy Valley Rewarewa honey, and add 1-2 tsp lemon juice or to desired taste.
- Makes 150ml
Used in this recipe:
Happy Valley’s Rewarewa Honey has a beautiful deep amber appearance and rich, full bodied malt-like taste and aroma. The flavour is rich, robust and malty with a hint of bitterness in the after taste. Rewarewa honey is produced from New Zealand's ... Find out more