Honey Almond Tea Cake
Prep time: 15-20 mins
Cook time: 25-30 mins
- 1.5 cup almond meal
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 squizzles (or 1/3 cup) of Happy Valley's Squeezy Multifloral Mānuka Honey
- 125g butter or coconut oil, melted
- 4 eggs
- Citrus zest
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds
- Mascarpone or natural yoghurt for serving (optional)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 squallop (or 3 tbsp) of Happy Valley's Squeezy Multifloral Mānuka Honey
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon or orange
- 1 tbsp water
- Delicious with a dollop of mascarpone or natural yoghurt.
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan bake.
- Line a cake or slice tin with baking paper.
- Melt butter and honey together.
- Combine almond meal, flour and baking powder.
- Whisk eggs together.
- Mix the honey, butter, eggs and zest into the dry ingredients.
- Pour into cake tin and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean.
- To make the honey soak combine the ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer for 1-2 minutes to form a syrup.
- When the cake is cooked gently prick with a skewer and pour the soak on while still warm in the pan.
- Serve warm or at room temp.
Let us know!
Tag us on Instagram with your recipes, photos and reviews! We’d love to see them!
Used in this recipe:
Creamy yet Squeezable Premium taste – but at the same time its raw, so its not heat treated and minimal processing. Add it to anything that needs a touch of happiness. The perfect honey for the busy kitchen This product range is a perfect blend o... Find out more