Honey Glazed Carrots
- 4-5 carrots
- 2 tsp Happy Valley Borage honey
- juice of 1 orange
- thyme sprigs
- This way of 'braising' carrots uses no water so all the flavour and goodness are retained.
- Make sure the liquid doesn't evaporate too quickly - check towards the end of cooking.
- Peel 4-5 carrots (will depend on size)
- Cut into julienne or thin rings if preferred.
- Place a knob of butter, 2 tsp borage honey, grated rind and juice of 1 orange and a few sprigs in a small saucepan, then add the carrots.
- Season, with salt and pepper.
- Place a piece of baking paper over the carrots and then the lid.
- Heat until steaming and then turn right down and cook carefully until carrots are tender (time depends on thickness).
- If carrots are not glazed, remove them and evaporate liquid until syrupy, then pour over carrots.
- Serves 4 as a side dish.
Used in this recipe:
Borage is a delicate smooth, pleasant & mild honey full of natural goodness.Happy Valley’s Borage honey is a delicate, smooth and mild honey full of natural goodness. Blue Borage has a vibrant blue flower, and grows wild in some of the hill co... Find out more