Honey Heart Cookies
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat butter and honey until combined.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Mix in flour and salt until just combined.
- Divide dough into two parts. Wrap each section in plastic wrap and refrigerate for thirty minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Remove first half of dough from the refrigerator and roll out on a floured surface to just over 1/4" thick.
- Cut dough into shapes with cookie cutters (and attempt to stop kids from eating all the cookie dough before you’ve even gotten them near the oven!)
- Arrange cut out cookies on a baking tray lined with baking paper. The cookies will not rise very much so they can be placed close together on the sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to brown.
- Cool cookies on a cooling rack.
- Roll out, cut, and bake the second half of the dough.
Used in this recipe:
Native Manuka is blended with field and native NZ honey to create a rich and mild honey, and still has the strong rich flavour of Manuka that lingers on the taste buds.Happy Valley’s Manuka Honey Blend - is a delicious blend of New Zealand Manuka ... Find out more