Cook time: 6-8 hours slow cooker/25 minutes pressure cooker
- 600g chicken breast
- 20g butter
- 1 squallop (or 3 tbsp) of Happy Valley Squeezy Kids or Clover Honey
- 3 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 and 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Salt & pepper to season
- Small handful fresh chopped parsley
- If you have a very large oval slow cooker it would be beneficial to double the sauce and increase to 800g of chicken.
- If pressure cooking, thicken the sauce after release of pressure and switch to saute mode to thicken sauce.
- If you don’t have a slow cooker this could be done on the stove-top in a fry pan with a lid and cooked on low for 45 minutes.
- Saute diced onion and garlic in butter for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add to slow cooker with chicken breasts and diced carrots.
- Mix together chicken stock, mustards and honey pour over chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set slow cooker for 6 hours on high or 8 hours on low. This recipe works really well in a multi cooker pressure cooked for 25 mins (see recipe notes).
- With half an hour of cooking to go carefully lift out the chicken breasts and pop on a plate and set aside for a few minutes.
- Add cream and corn to sauce.
- If you are cooking on low, flick it to high at this point. Mix the cornflour with a couple of tablespoons of water to form a slurry and pour into sauce.
- Stir well and return the chicken to the slow cooker leave to cook for a final half and hour to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Stir through a handful of fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve with mash potatoes, rice or cauliflower mash.
Let us know!
Tag us on Instagram with your recipes, photos and reviews! We’d love to see them!