Honey Roasted Lamb with Garlic Mashed Parsnips & Spuds
1 hr and 2 mins
- Weigh the lamb.
- Season the lamb well with salt and pepper and place on a rack above a roasting dish.
- Wrap the garlic bulbs in foil and place beside the lamb.
- Cook at 160ºc for 30 minutes per 500g (or at 200ºc for 20 minutes per 500g) or until the lamb is cooked to your liking.
- This guide is for medium. The garlic will take about 1- 1½ hours to cook until a skewer can easily be inserted.
- Once this is cooked, remove and continue cooking the lamb. In the last 15 minutes of cooking time, glaze the lamb with the honey.
- Once the lamb is cooked, set aside to rest.
- Cut one bulb of garlic in half horizontally and squeeze the pulp into the roasting tray.
- Add the tomato paste and cook over a low heat for about 1 minute. Stir in the beef stock and then simmer for 15 minutes until reduced by half.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Carve the lamb and serve with the jus and garlic mashed snips and spuds.
Garlic mashed snips and spuds
- Cook the potatoes and parsnips in boiling salted water until tender.
- Cut the remaining garlic bulb in half and squeeze the pulp into the vegetables.
- Add the butter, milk or cream and a good seasoning of salt.
- Mash until smooth.
Used in this recipe:
Native Mānuka is blended with field and native NZ honey to create a rich and mild honey, and still has the strong rich flavour of Mānuka that lingers on the taste buds.Happy Valley’s Mānuka Honey Blend - is a delicious blend of New Zealand Mānuka ... Find out more