Kamahi Honey Fudge
- 100 grams kamahi honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 150 grams butter, diced
- 300 ml evaporated milk
- 150ml water
- 750 grams sugar
- Lightly grease a 20 x 20cm square tin and line it with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the evaporated milk, water and sugar into a large pot and slowly bring it up to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Once it is bubbling add the honey and salt, stir every 30 seconds to make sure the bottom does not start to burn.
- Keep stirring until the mix reaches a temperature of 115 degc, this will take approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add in the butter and stir with great gusto — as the fudge cools it will begin to thicken.
- Pour the mix into the tin and tap the tin on a chopping board to level the hot fudge mix.
- Before it has completely set cut the fudge partly into squares but don’t cut it all the way through.
- Once completely cool, cut up and wrap up for gifts.
Used in this recipe:
Happy Valley's Kamahi Honey is buttery golden-yellow in colour with a rich bouquet of flavour and after tones. Kamahi honey has a smooth creamy texture and is packed full of natural goodness and taste with a natural and distinctive aroma. Most Kam... Find out more