- 1/4 cup Happy Valley rewarewa honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 50 grams butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- pinch salt
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and cored and diced
- Melt honey, sugar and butter together in a microwave on high (100%) for 60 seconds.
- Beat in the egg then the soda until frothy.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to just dampen dry mixture.
- 3/4 fill lightly greased muffin tins and bake in a pre-heated oven 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until just cooked.
- Serve hot or cold.
Used in this recipe:
Happy Valley’s Rewarewa Honey has a beautiful deep amber appearance and rich, full bodied malt-like taste and aroma. The flavour is rich, robust and malty with a hint of bitterness in the after taste. Rewarewa honey is produced from New Zealand's ... Find out more