Cooking time: 45 mins
Honey glazed citrus
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Happy Valley Squeezy Clover or Kids Honey
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Happy Valley's Squeezy Clover or Kids Honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves + extra to garnish
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons + 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and flour a 2L capacity bundt tin.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Place sliced citrus in boiling water and blanch for 1 minute. Remove and refresh in a bowl of iced water.
- Place water and honey in a large cast iron or heavy-based frying pan over medium heat until honey is dissolved. Add citrus slices to the pan, spreading out as much as possible in a single layer. When the syrup begins to bubble, reduce heat to low and cook for about 45 minutes until citrus becomes translucent and sticky.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs and sugar together until pale and creamy. Add lemon juice and zest and beat for another minute. Fold in flour, yoghurt and oil until well-combined and smooth. Pour into cake tin and place in oven. Cook for 40-45 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Take the skewer and make 10-15 holes in the top of the cake while still in the tin.
- When citrus is candied, remove and set on a cooling rack. To make syrup, add water, lemon juice and thyme to the pan and cook out for about 5 minutes. Strain and pour syrup over the hot cake. Allow cake to cool in tin, then turn out onto a large plate.
- Top cake with honey-glazed citrus, some thyme sprigs and an extra drizzle of honey for good measure!
Let us know!
Tag us on Instagram with your recipes, photos and reviews! We’d love to see them!