Little Honey Cakes
- 3/4 cup manuka honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 50g butter
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- Pinch salt
- 1 scant tsp baking soda
- Extra 1/3 cup runny honey, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 170°c. Spray 9 x 150ml-capacity cake or muffin
- Tins with oil.
- Combine honey, water, butter and sugar in a saucepan.
- Gently just until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat
- And set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Add Honey mixture to the well and stir to combine into a smooth batter.
- Spoon into prepared tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cakes spring.
- Back when pressed with a finger.
- Cool in tins for 5 minutes to firm
- Before removing.
- Serve drizzled with extra honey
Used in this recipe:
Native Manuka is blended with field and native NZ honey to create a rich and mild honey, and still has the strong rich flavour of Manuka that lingers on the taste buds.Happy Valley’s Manuka Honey Blend - is a delicious blend of New Zealand Manuka ... Find out more