Mānuka Glazed Salmon Salad
- 5 Tbsp Japanese Soy Sauce
- 5 Tbsp Mirin
- 2 Tbsp Mānuka Honey
- 600g piece skinned boned salmon fillet
- 3 handfuls small cos lettuce leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Put the soy sauce, mirin and honey into a small saucepan and heat, stirring until the honey dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Place the salmon in a lightly oiled roasting dish just big enough to hold it.
- Pour the soy mixture over the top, and turn the salmon so that the former skin side is upwards.
- Marinate 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Turn the salmon over and place in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Occasionally brush the marinade over the flesh of the salmon as it cooks.
- Remove the salmon from oven and reserve.
- Place the Cos lettuce in a wide shallow bowl.
- Put the tomatoes, avocado and spring onions on top.
- Break the warm salmon into large bite sized pieces and place it on top of everything.
- Pour the marinade over the salmon.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over everything.
- Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing
Used in this recipe:
Native Mānuka is blended with field and native NZ honey to create a rich and mild honey, and still has the strong rich flavour of Mānuka that lingers on the taste buds.Happy Valley’s Mānuka Honey Blend - is a delicious blend of New Zealand Mānuka ... Find out more