Manuka Honey and Banana Loaf
- 125g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup manuka honey, warmed
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- Heat oven to 160 deg C fan bake.
- Grease a standard loaf tin and line with baking paper.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in the honey and mashed banana.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Lastly, fold in the walnuts.
- Spoon into prepared loaf tin and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Used in this recipe:
Native Manuka is blended with field and native NZ honey to create a rich and mild honey, and still has the strong rich flavour of Manuka that lingers on the taste buds.Happy Valley’s Manuka Honey Blend - is a delicious blend of New Zealand Manuka ... Find out more