Mānuka Honey and Oat Granola Bars
- 250g/2/5 cups rolled oat
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp Happy Valley Mānuka honey
- 150g/1 cup hazelnuts
- 4 tbsp Demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly, and then roughly chop.
- In a large bowl combine oats, melted coconut oil, Mānuka honey, Demerara sugar and chopped nuts.
- Line a 9" X 13" pan with parchment paper making sure the sides overhang from the pan, then empty the contents of the bowl into the pan, spread evenly and then pack in tightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes until slightly golden and smells of honey.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then pick up by the overhanging sides of parchment paper and lift from the pan onto a cutting board.
- Cut into 16 rectangles.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Used in this recipe:
Native Mānuka is blended with field and native NZ honey to create a rich and mild honey, and still has the strong rich flavour of Mānuka that lingers on the taste buds.Happy Valley’s Mānuka Honey Blend - is a delicious blend of New Zealand Mānuka ... Find out more