Mānuka Honey and Orange Glazed Ham
1 hr and 40 mins
- 1 cup Mānuka honey
- Juice of two oranges
- ½ tbsp prepared mustard (smooth not wholegrain)
- 1 New Zealand ham on the bone
- ¼ cup whole cloves (optional)
- Mix together the Mānuka honey, orange juice and mustard.
- Run your fingers under the skin of the ham to remove it.
- Score the fat in a criss cross pattern if wished with a small sharp knife.
- Place in a large shallow baking dish and brush with a little of the glaze.
- Place in a 180 degrees Celsius oven and brush with more glaze about every 5-10 minutes and cook until the ham is golden.
- This will take about 45 minutes.
- Stud with cloves, cover and cool before carving or refrigerating until cold.
- For Hot Roast Ham
- Prepare the glaze and the ham as above.
- Weigh your ham and calculate the cooking time.
- Cook the ham at 150 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes per 500 grams.
- About 40 minutes before the ham is cooked, begin brushing the glaze onto the ham.
- How Much Ham To Buy
- As a main meat allow 125-175 grams meat or 225 - 250 grams with bone per person.
- If you plan to serve ham with turkey then allow about 50-75 grams meat per person.
Used in this recipe:
Native Mānuka is blended with field and native NZ honey to create a rich and mild honey, and still has the strong rich flavour of Mānuka that lingers on the taste buds.Happy Valley’s Mānuka Honey Blend - is a delicious blend of New Zealand Mānuka ... Find out more