Oat Muesli Bars
Cook time: 12-15 mins
Servings: 12 bars
- 2 and 1/2 cups rolled oats (standard rolled oats or quick cook oats, not wholegrain)
- 2 squizzles (or 1/4-1/3 cup) of Happy Valley's Squeezy Rewarewa Honey
- 1/2 cup thread coconut
- 1/4 sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 100g butter
- 50g dark chocolate, melted (optional)
Optional add ins
- 1/4 cup chopped dried fruit
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Combine rolled oats, coconut, sunflower seeds, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Melt together honey and butter. Use 1/3 cup if you prefer a sweeter bar.
- Pour into dry ingredients, mix well.
- Add egg to the mixture and stir through. You should have a firm sticky mixture.
- Line a slice tray and press the mixture into it, about 1cm thick. Wet your hands or spatula to make this easier.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and slice into bars with a sharp knife while still warm.
- If you would like to add a chocolate drizzle melt the chocolate and drizzle over bars and allow to set.
Let us know!
Tag us on Instagram with your recipes, photos and reviews! We’d love to see them!
Used in this recipe:
Creamy yet Squeezable Premium taste – but at the same time its raw, so its not heat treated and minimal processing. Add it to anything that needs a touch of happiness. The perfect honey for the busy kitchen This product range is a perfect blend o... Find out more