Pork Steaks with Kumara, Shiitakes & Noodles
- 6 butterflied pork steaks
- 50mls soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon wildflower honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 200g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium kumara, peeled, cut into nuggets
- 2 roasted peppers
- 150g egg noodles
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup meat or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup coriander, chopped
- Trim the pork steaks of any extra fat.
- Put the soy sauce in a small pan with the honey and the vinegar.
- Trim and slice the mushrooms and add to the soy mixture and cook for about 5 minutes over a low temperature.
- Meanwhile, steam or simmer the kumara until tender and roast the peppers in a hot oven.
- Peel off the skins and cut the peppers into thick strips.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the noodles until soft.
- Season the pork steaks and either grill or pan-fry until cooked but still very moist.
- When the meat is cooked, remove the steaks and keep covered in a warm place.
- Add the stock and the mushrooms to the juices in the pan in which the pork was cooked, and simmer until slightly thickened.
- To serve, place a pile of noodles on each plate and arrange kumara and peppers on each.
- Spoon over some of the sauce and the mushrooms, then place slices of the pork on top.
- Add extra sauce and decorate with chopped coriander.
Used in this recipe:
Wildflower honey has a rich, sweet flavour and aroma that lingers on the taste buds.Happy Valley’s Wildflower honey is a rich amber honey that has a fragrant multi floral flavour and aroma. It is a delicious blend of the nectar collected fresh fro... Find out more