Roast Pear, Prosciutto & Rocket
- 1 spring rosemary
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup red wine
- 3 small or 2 large pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 thin slices of ciabatta or sourdough bread
- 8 slices prosciutto, torn
- 60g blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 handfuls baby rocket
- Lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil to dress
- Prep time: 10 min cook time: 50 min
- preheat oven to 200°c.
- Combine rosemary, honey, balsamic, wine and pears in a small roasting or casserole dish.
- Cook in oven for 40 minutes, stirring a couple of times to evenly coat pears.
- Remove and set pears aside and discard rosemary sprig.
- Transfer syrup to a small pot.
- Boil syrup for 3-5 minutes until reduced and syrupy.
- Lower oven temperature to 180°c.
- Brush bread slices with a little olive oil, lay on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Toss rocket with a squeeze of lemon juice and drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- To serve, place a handful of rocket on each plate.
- Arrange 3 slices of toasted bread on top or break into chunks, and top with pears, prosciutto and some blue cheese.
- Drizzle a little red wine syrup around the plate.
Used in this recipe:
Native Manuka is blended with field and native NZ honey to create a rich and mild honey, and still has the strong rich flavour of Manuka that lingers on the taste buds.Happy Valley’s Manuka Honey Blend - is a delicious blend of New Zealand Manuka ... Find out more