Soft Molasses Cookies
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- ¼ cup Happy Valley Molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, shortening, molasses and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar.
- Shape dough by rounded tablespoonfuls into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Dip tops into granulated sugar.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls, sugared sides up, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 13 to 16 minutes or just until set and cookies appear dry.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.