Spicy Pineapple Molasses Chicken Stir Fry
- 8 ounces pineapple
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/ Happy Valley Molasses
- 3 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (this will be pretty mild, add more for extra heat)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 pounds chicken, cut into one inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Some red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a blender pure the pineapple.
- Add the soy sauce, molasses, vinegar, ketchup, sriracha, garlic, and ginger, and mix well.
- Cover the chicken with the marinade and leave in the refrigerator for about six hours
- In a large sauté pan heat the oil until very hot.
- Place the chicken with the marinade that sticks to it in the pan and fry for about 15 minutes, until chicken is well done and marinade is reduce to a caramelized coating on the chicken.
- (Make sure you do not overcrowd the pan, so you may have to do this in batches.
- If you have any leftover marinade, deglaze the pain with it and reduce to thick sauce.)
- Serve with steamed rice.