4 hrs 30 mins
Cooking time: 2 1/4 hrs
- 2kg pork spare ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 shallots, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup Happy Valley's Squeezy Multifloral Mānuka Honey + 1/4 cup to finish
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- With a bed of rocket or salad greens, and a bowl of hand water!
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic and ginger and cook for about 5 minutes until translucent, stirring often.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix half of the basting sauce with the ribs, making sure they are all covered. Leave to marinate for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C and place ribs in a large roasting dish. Pour over remaining sauce to cover ribs evenly. Cover with tin foil and cook for 2 hours, turning and basting the ribs every 20-30 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 200°C, remove foil and drizzle with extra measure of honey. Cook for a further 10-15 minutes, watching the ribs carefully so they don’t catch or burn.
Let us know!
Tag us on Instagram with your recipes, photos and reviews! We’d love to see them!
Used in this recipe:
Creamy yet Squeezable Premium taste – but at the same time its raw, so its not heat treated and minimal processing. Add it to anything that needs a touch of happiness. The perfect honey for the busy kitchen This product range is a perfect blend o... Find out more