4 hrs 30 mins
Cooking time: 2 1/4 hrs
- 2kg pork spare ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 shallots, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup Happy Valley's Squeezy Multifloral Mānuka Honey + 1/4 cup to finish
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- With a bed of rocket or salad greens, and a bowl of hand water!
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic and ginger and cook for about 5 minutes until translucent, stirring often.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix half of the basting sauce with the ribs, making sure they are all covered. Leave to marinate for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C and place ribs in a large roasting dish. Pour over remaining sauce to cover ribs evenly. Cover with tin foil and cook for 2 hours, turning and basting the ribs every 20-30 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 200°C, remove foil and drizzle with extra measure of honey. Cook for a further 10-15 minutes, watching the ribs carefully so they don’t catch or burn.
Let us know!
Tag us on Instagram with your recipes, photos and reviews! We’d love to see them!