Superfood Breakfast Muffins with Mānuka Honey
- 2 large eggs
- 100g Greek or plain yogurt
- 50ml coconut oil or butter, melted
- 75ml milk
- 75g Happy Valley Mānuka Honey
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g plain flour
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 50g rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5tsp baking soda
To top, optional:
- oats, flaked almonds and pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, yogurt, coconut oil, milk, honey, banana and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- In a second bowl add the flours, oats, chia seeds, flaxseed, baking powder and soda and mix with a spoon.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix just enough so that everything is well combined but be careful not to over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffins cases and top with a sprinkling of extra oats, flaked almonds and pumpkin seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before eating.
- The muffins can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer and then left out to defrost for 2-3 hours when ready to eat.
Used in this recipe:
Native Mānuka is blended with field and native NZ honey to create a rich and mild honey, and still has the strong rich flavour of Mānuka that lingers on the taste buds.Happy Valley’s Mānuka Honey Blend - is a delicious blend of New Zealand Mānuka ... Find out more