Toffee Honey Pears
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp Happy Valley Rewarewa honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 ripe pears
- This is a quick and easy way to dress up pears.
- Heat a medium frying pan and add butter.
- let it bubble up, when the fat bubbles start bursting on the surface, give it a stir.
- The mixture will eventually change color and go a toffee shade.
- It will smell slightly caramelized which is fine, but don't let it go too dark.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Peel, core and slice 3-4 ripe pears depending on size, and slide them into the sauce to warm through gently.
- Serve with a good quality ice-cream.
- If you prefer make the sauce ahead of time then reheat and add the pears just before serving.
- Bananas work well instead of pears.
Used in this recipe:
Happy Valley’s Rewarewa Honey has a beautiful deep amber appearance and rich, full bodied malt-like taste and aroma. The flavour is rich, robust and malty with a hint of bitterness in the after taste. Rewarewa honey is produced from New Zealand's ... Find out more