Homemade Muesli Bars
- 2 cups of mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, pepitas, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds etc)
- 2 cups un-contaminated oats or puffed quinoa or puffed rice
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup honey (Try our Liquid honey from our honey bar.. Clover, Wildflower or Tawari flavours all taste great)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
Optional: ¼ cup dried fruit (apricots, cranberries, goji berries, sultanas, dates etc), 5 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 320°F (160°C). Line a 20cm baking tin.
- Roughly chop the nuts (or use a food processor and pulse to roughly chop). Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the oats, spices, fruit (if using) and coconut.
- In a saucepan, gently melt coconut oil on a medium heat.
- Add honey and chia seeds. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well and then press into the lined tin. Be sure to really press down to pack it in. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares. Store in a cool, dry place in a sealed container.
- The beauty about these is you can mix up, omit or add in any of your favorite ingredients.
- Maybe even a some dark chocolate chips for an extra treat
Used in this recipe:
Wildflower honey has a rich, sweet flavour and aroma that lingers on the taste buds.Happy Valley’s Wildflower honey is a rich amber honey that has a fragrant multi floral flavour and aroma. It is a delicious blend of the nectar collected fresh fro... Find out more