Time: 15 mins
Servings: Approx. 8 pancakes
- 1 and 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Happy Valley Squeezy Clover or Kids Honey + extra to serve
- 1/3 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons coconut or vegetable oil for cooking
- Coconut yoghurt to serve
- Fresh berries and fruit to serve
- Preheat oven to 60°C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- For the cinnamon mix: Whisk together the coconut oil, honey and cinnamon. Set aside until ready to spoon onto the cooking pancakes.
- For the pancakes: Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. In another bowl (stand mixer is ideal), whisk together the eggs, honey, coconut milk or almond milk, lemon juice, vanilla and coconut oil until very smooth. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and whisk well until smooth and thick.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and grease with a little coconut or vegetable oil. Pour batter into hot pan (about 1/4 cup for one pancake).
- When bubbles start to appear on the surface, spoon the cinnamon mix onto the pancake. Flip and cook on the other side for about a minute, then transfer to oven tray and place in oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining batter and serve with coconut yoghurt, a drizzle of honey and fruit of your choice.
Let us know!
Tag us on Instagram with your recipes, photos and reviews! We’d love to see them!